Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) closed $0.90 lower on Friday at $81.83 or 1.09% lower on the day. SEC filing reports suggested that there was some insider activity as Dayon Alexandre, President and Chief product officer at Salesforce.com sold 2,166 shares on Friday, June 10th at an average price of $82.00.
Currently, the stock stands at $81.83, which is -1.09% from its open. How did it get here?
Year to date, Salesforce.com’s stock has performed at 4.38%. Breaking that down further, it has performed -1.21% for the week ending June 10th, 2016, 10.44% for the month of May, -5.83% over the last quarter (Q1, 2016).
RETURNS AND RECOMMENDATION
While looking at past performance of a particular stock is important when speculating on its future, we must take other indicators into consideration as well. Here is a detailed summary of fundamentals for Salesforce.com
|Index||S&P 500||P/E||–||EPS (ttm)||-0.02|
|Market Cap||55.44B||Forward P/E||62.37||EPS next Y||1.31|
|Income||-12.80M||PEG||–||EPS next Q||0.23|
|Sales||7.07B||P/S||7.84||EPS this Y||83.00%|
|Book/sh||8.24||P/B||9.93||EPS next Y||33.47%|
|Cash/sh||3||P/C||27.29||EPS next 5Y||29.88%|
|Dividend||–||P/FCF||33.97||EPS past 5Y||-21.10%|
|Dividend %||–||Quick Ratio||0.7||Sales past 5Y||32.10%|
|Employees||19000||Current Ratio||0.7||Sales Q/Q||26.80%|
|Shortable||Yes||LT Debt/Eq||0.37||Earnings||May 18 AMC|
|Insider Own||0.10%||Shs Outstand||677.50M||Perf Week||-0.87%|
|Insider Trans||-75.40%||Shs Float||637.99M||Perf Month||7.97%|
|Inst Own||88.00%||Short Float||1.51%||Perf Quarter||14.24%|
|Inst Trans||1.31%||Short Ratio||2.75||Perf Half Y||2.66%|
|ROA||-0.10%||Target Price||97.02||Perf Year||13.02%|
|ROE||-0.30%||52W Range||52.60 – 84.48||Perf YTD||4.38%|
|Gross Margin||75.00%||52W Low||55.57%||ATR||1.25|
|Oper. Margin||1.90%||RSI (14)||57.38||Volatility||0.92% 1.54%|
|Profit Margin||-0.20%||Rel Volume||0.66||Prev Close||82.73|
Salesforce.com – Technical Outlook
- Weekly chart shows an inside bar forming with the high at $84.48 and low at $80.71
- Price has been trading within these levels for two weeks
- Resistance is identified at $84.00 – $81.83, which could limit the upside
- Therefore, a downside breakout below $80.71 will see Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM) correct to lower support at $66.00 – $62.50, which makes for an ideal level to buy from again
- From the technical outlook, the correction is expected to play out over a minimum 3 – 5 month period starting June 2016.
- Upside targets come in at $84 as the initial target